Labels

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

WELCOME!!

Wow - it's been a long time since I last blogged.

If you followed my first blog, "We're Having A Baby, My Baby And Me" (http://mommasac.blogspot.com/), thanks for liking it enough to follow me now - post-preggo and LOVING life!
This blog will be somewhat different - I wanted one central location for all things that I love (family, cooking, shopping, decorating, etc)...and this is it.  There's no theme, there's no organization - just a melting pot of me, with a dash of the crazy chaos that seems to surround my everyday life.  One thing's guaranteed -- it's never a dull moment around here...and that's sure to shine through on this blog.  For example, as I type this I have recently-pumped breastmilk in a water bottle beside me (because in my "early morning/leave the house before 6:30am-although it's already 6:47am" frenzy I forgot to grab the breastmilk storage bags).  While an innovative and a quick-thinking individual, I fall victim all to often to 'blonde moments' - and I just took a huge swig of breastmilk rather than the water I have in the OTHER water bottle on my desk. 
Happy Tuesday.

If you're new - here's a few things about me:
~I'm one of the few native Charlotteans left in this beautiful city.  Sad, but very true...
~I married a Yankee...although he's the most 'southern, good ol boy' Cleveland, OH has ever produced - I'm talkin the open-my-door, 'yes maam/no maam', koozie lovin kind.  His parents raised him right and I'm blessed to call him mine.
~I became a mommy for the first time (after 13 grueling hours of labor AND a c-section) to the most amazing and perfect little boy on August 31st of this past year. 
~I LOVE to cook.  I feel most like myself when I'm in the kitchen (usually holding a kitchen utensil in one hand and a glass of wine in the other).
~I'm sure this comes as no surprise because I am, in fact, a female, but I LOVE to shop.  Like, seriously LOVE it.  I'm prideful on my ability to find things on sale - clothes, shoes, housewares, baby stuff, whatever...my purchases are usually inexpensive and ALWAYS justified. 
~I also love to do pretty much anything creative.  I do freelance calligraphy projects (I like to paint, decorate, and take the 'blank canvas' of our first house, which we purchased in March 2012 and make it our own. 

So this blog is dedicated in honor of these things mentioned above.  From being a wifey/momma in the kitchen, in the mall or on the back porch with a can of spray paint, here's a toast to The QC Momma and trying to find the perfect balance between it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment